Finally, after years of testing the feature of hiding like counts on posts of Instagram and Facebook, the feature is now rolling out for everyone. Earlier, in 2019, the company started testing the feature, but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it was postponed.
Instagram & Facebook Now Lets You Hide Like Counts on Posts
Facebook and Instagram have posted blog posts on social media and shared about a new option of hiding like counts. Almost everyone can see the hide-like counts option in the respective app.
👀 An update on like counts. Starting today, you can manage your experience in a way that works for you.
You can choose to hide like counts on others’ posts and on your own posts so people can’t see how many likes you get.
Rolling out on Instagram and Facebook. pic.twitter.com/Vp8ljtvgMw
— Adam Mosseri (@mosseri) May 26, 2021
How to hide like counts on Instagram and Facebook?
On Instagram, you can hide like counts for your own posts, as well as can turn off the toggle for others.
On Facebook, two new features will be coming in the next few weeks.
Hide Like counts on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app and go to your Profile
- At the top right corner, click on the three-line icon
- Click on Settings and then Privacy >> Posts >> Turn on the Hide Like and View Counts option
You can also hide like count of a particular post of yours. Follow the steps:
- Open a particular post of which you want to hide like count
- Click on the three-dot icon and select a Hide-like count.
- Whenever you will share a new post, at the last screen when there comes an option of “Write a caption” and others, click on the Advanced Settings option which is at the bottom of the screen.
- There select Hide Like and View Counts option on this post.
Hide Like counts on Facebook.
Facebook, has not yet rolled out the feature, it will be out in the coming weeks. But according to The Verge, here are the steps to use this feature.
- Open the app click on the three lines at the top right corner
- Scroll down and click on Settings & Privacy
- Tap on Settings scroll down to News Feed Settings
- Select Reaction Counts and toggle off the reactions for your posts as well as others’ posts.
The feature will be available for both public and private profiles.