Facebook is finally integrating its messaging platforms with each other. If you remember, the company was planning to merge its three platforms Messenger, Whatsapp, and Instagram DM’s. And now, the company has announced the first integration of Instagram’s DM and Messenger.
Messenger Merging with Instagram DMs
On Wednesday, the photo-sharing app Instagram has rolled out a new option to connect with Messenger. With this option, now you can send messages from Instagram to your friends on Messenger. Even if your friend is not having a Messenger app. The same thing can be done vice versa.
In a blog post, Facebook has announced the feature. It says some of the users will now see an option when they open the app.
“The main change is that people using the Messenger app can now reach you on Instagram without you needing to download a new app, and vice versa.”
However, if the user doesn’t want to merge both the apps, then there is no problem. You can keep both the messages separately.
Once the app is updated, your experience on Instagram will change a little bit just like Messenger. You will see man features from Messenger. There will be even more fun ways to connect with your friends and family. Some of the new features will be coming to Instagram and later will be added to Messenger also. The new custom emoji reactions and selfie stickers will be added.
Features Coming to New Messenger Like Instagram
These are some of the new features which are coming to the app:
- Vanish Mode: Seen messages will be disappeared in this mode.
- Selfie Stickers: Create a series of boomerang stickers with your selfie.
- Custom Emoji Reactions: Create a shortcut of your favorite emojis
- Chat Colors: Personalize your chats with a fun color gradient
- Watch Together: During a video call, enjoy watching Facebook Watch, IGTV, Reels, Movies, TV shows, and more.
- Communicate Across Apps: Connect with your friends and family across Instagram and Messenger.
- Forwarding: Share content with up to five people or groups.
- Replies: Directly reply to a specific message.
- Animated Message Effects: Add visual flair to your message with animated send effects.
- Message Controls: Allow who can message you directly, and who can not.
- Enhanced Reporting and Blocking Updates
The social media giant reveals that these new features on Instagram and Messenger will first be available in few countries. It will be rolled out globally soon. However, in a few countries, the feature is in the testing phase. Last year, Mark Zuckerberg has announced about merging all Facebook-owned apps.