Finally, Facebook is rolling out the Dark Mode feature on the Android and iOS main app. The dark mode feature was already available for Android and now the feature is coming for iOS users also.
Facebook Dark Mode Theme Rolling Out
The developer, Jane Manchun Wong, confirmed the dark mode on iOS by posting a video in collaboration with Facebook. The video shows the dark mode theme for the iOS version. As of now, the feature is being publicly tested and will be out for everyone soon. If you have not received the dark mode then don’t worry, soon you will also get it.
Here is the tweet posted by Jane Manchun Wong,
Facebook is publicly testing Dark Mode! 🌙
You asked it, I chatted with Facebook’s @alexvoica about it and here’s a video made in collaboration with Facebook! pic.twitter.com/TGjdTXDxoP
— Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) October 30, 2020
If you want to get the dark mode on Android, then get the latest version of the Facebook app by updating it from Google Play Store. If you don’t know, dark mode is already available for Facebook Lite app and desktop app users.
Now, let us check out how to use dark mode on Android and iOS device.
How to use Facebook Dark Mode on Android?
If your Facebook app has got the dark mode theme then you can see it in the app menu.
- At the top of the right corner, click on the three dots icon.
- Go to the “Settings and Privacy” section
- Here you must see the Dark Theme option
- The option will be available between “Your Time on Facebook” and the “Language” option.
For Android, Dark Mode is available for Android 10 and above.
How to use Facebook Dark Mode on iOS?
Even for iOS, the steps are the same as the Android system.
- Just open the Facebook app and at the bottom right side, you will see a hamburger icon, click on it.
- Then go to Settings and privacy there you will see the Dark Mode option. You can turn ON or OFF the option.
Dark mode feature is available for Messenger since last year, and then for Facebook Lite, and now finally for all the users.
Since September, Facebook has discontinued its Classic design for everyone. Now, it is mandatory for everyone to use the new interface which was rolled out in March.